Thursday, January 7, 2010

Yep, I'm No Good at This Blog Thing

So it has been six months since I last put anything in the blog. Wow... I really need to get better at this! 2009 was a wonderful year for Deanna and me! I finished another year of grad school! Woo Hoo! And here comes graduation! Well, December 2010 anyway. And Deanna finished her first year with Arveda Family Care... not to mention professing her faith in God and celebrating it in baptism! And oh... yeah... there's this little thing called WE'RE HAVING A BABY too!!!!! I can't believe we're finally going to be parents! She's going to be a great mom... Deanna has an amazing gift when it comes to caring for others. She just seems to know just what a person needs and puts the balm on the hurt. At this point, I can only imagine what she'll be like when Peaknut arrives. Just last night she sat up in the bed and said, "Peaknut is 'wrastlin'... tee he he!" Yes, she was asleep when this happened and yes it was Kentuckyanese for wrestling. LOL It was just about the sweetest thing I have ever seen. Well the second sweetest thing...

I haven't been able to get the sound Peaknut's heart out of my head after hearing it for the first time at the Dr's office. So, we bought a fetal monitor a week ago and it arrived in the mail yesterday. We were very excited to rip it out of the box and get to listening. After a few min of trying we almost decided to give up for the evening, we both even had doubts that we would be able to find the heart beat, but suddenly we heard it! We looked at one another with wide eyed amazement and big toothy grins! I swear that sound is just about the most amazing thing every! It is miraculous! I really can't help but thinking of Psalm 139 where it says:

"You formed my inmost being;
you knit me in my mother's womb.
I praise you, so wonderfully you made me;
WONDERFUL ARE YOU WORKS!
My very self you knew;
my bones were not hidden from you,
When I was being made in secret,
fashioned as in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes foresaw my actions;
in your book all are written down;
my days were shaped, before one came to be."

God thinks we are wonderful! What dreams God must have for us!

Coming into this chapter of my life I feel like I have an even closer glimpse of God. Even now, before I even know what our child will be like, I have such great love for it. Even now I feel like I already know Peaknut. And if I have all of these dreams for my child, how much does God dream for me?

I am happy to know that the dream God has for me includes a wonderful and faithful partner in Deanna and, in due time, a swashbuckling little girl/boy currently named Peaknut. I can't wait to see Peaknut smile!

Needless to say, we have been incredibly blessed this past year by growing in faith and family. We both look forward to God winks in 2010! Pax et bonum! Peace and all blessings!

Here is a link to Peaknut's heartbeat!

No comments: