Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Face To An Old System

I have been encouraged today! A new face has been achieved in an old system! It is a great day in our American history! An African American has taken an oath for the highest office of our land. He represents us, the people! He is the American representative to the world! Today, above all others in my life, I am proud to call myself and American. Even those dark days I spent serving her...

We should all be renewed in patriotism! We should all be inspired to work with our local governments to act in justice & solidarity with our neighbors regardless of race or belief. Justice which breaks the systems that have bound us for far to long. When our brother Saint Paul spoke about the powers and principalities that hold us, he pointed toward the Roman rule that enslaved the hearts of her citizens. We have wounded the powers and principalities that enslave us today! By the grace of God we have won a great victory over systemic racism and systemic slavery that has bound our very souls for far to long! I hope and pray that the future holds only peace and love for us! I hope and pray that the American idea will inspire us to lend Hope to our neighbors, friends and enemy alike.

Pax Tecum!

No comments: